Wednesday, September 14, 2011

and so it begins...

I've always wanted to write.  I, of course, always thought that my English papers were stellar; my teachers may or may not have agreed, but that could have had something to do with my hatred of research, inability to concentrate on proper MLA format, and all around self righteousness.  The fact that one of my favorite author's is J D Salinger, who writes in a stream of consciousness that befuddles even the best critics, probably has something to do with the distaste for my writing.  Although I may do my best, emulating his writing style is difficult to say the least.  The best part of blogging though could just be that I don't have to sit and write that novel I've had in my head for the last five years, I can just put my opinion out there and see what happens.  Considering the random shooting thoughts that cross my brain on a daily basis, I should warn the content you follow may or may not make sense day to day, but then again, I've been known to spend 3 hours with someone and not complete a conversation.  I do have to thank my very good friend Jeanne McCullough (follow her at Adventuresinmommyhood2009.blogspot.com) for encouraging me.  The second best part of blogging?  All of my friends and family can read my rants and raves and not have to listen to my incessant opinions of everything.  Of course, nothing is off limits so here's to hoping I don't offend anyone!

Side note: I double space after periods.  Deal.

2 comments:

  1. This is 95% my story as well.
    I never had any intention of 'blogging', and just used my Facebook as a 'friend me if you dare' kind of forum where I spoke my mind and was saturated with sarcasm. Of course "back then" I was more selective in "friends". Now that I'm a real grown up, I have a ton of "friends" I've met in passing, make no pretenses, but have a sense of reservation. While my blog/vlog is erected out of positivity, I plan to use it as a more responsible means to, blurt.
    I still get annoyed when people tell me I'm a creative writer, it's so weighted (thanks everyone, but um, don't hold your breath for more).
    I feel now that this comment veered off topic, but look how much I shared, it'd be a shame to just waste all that thought.
    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I just have too many random thoughts, and I feel like many times I need to get things off of my chest, but I need to be held accountable for them; this is more of a public journal. I appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete